[Ambassadors] FAmSCo elections coming your way

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:33:25 UTC 2011

Em Seg, 2011-10-31 às 13:30 -0400, David Nalley escreveu:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:25 PM,  <neville at taygon.com> wrote:
> > I totally agree with the sense of fear that comes from being on the dark.
> >
> > Neville
> >

> So how do we change this? (and that's not a rhetorical question)
>
> It strikes me (from the outside, and uninvolved in all of this) that
> we could best do this by delegating all of the Fedora discretionary
> budget to these cardholders, then it becomes up to them to keep the
> records up. (wikipage) And if anyone in CommArch wants to spend out of
> the discretionary budget then they'd come to those folks and get it
> spent.
>
> Of course, I say this from the outside - I have no real visibility
> into how this all really works.
>
> Harish? Quaid? Mel? <-- want to weigh in here?

One thing I would like to suggest is to have listed on the wiki not only
on what we spent money, but also list events and swag requirements that
will need budget and how much they will demand over the fiscal year. For
instance, most major events are recurrent every year and we could
presume the proper budget for them by forehand.

We usually have at least three fases of budget that should be better
discriminated: What we spent (ticket approved, payed and closed), what
we are spending (Tickets approved but not payed yet), what we will need
to spend (recurrent spending).

On the other hand we need to take care to not turn this into something
unnecessarily complicated. Fortunately most of information needed is
easily available, although not compiled in a proper way for decision
making.

Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil) - Member of FAmSCo
Fedora I18N/L10N QA
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Igor