[Ambassadors] [summary] objection against bckurera.

Harish Pillay harish.pillay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:04:03 UTC 2011

Ambassadors -

Hi.  I would like to add my 2 cents to this discussion since
this has hit the ambassadors mailing list.

Firstly, it is hard enough getting volunteers and harder to get
them to consider becoming Ambassadors. But once a
volunteer becomes an Ambassador, I am sure that they are
very keen to do the Right Thing in as much as possible.

Second, and as has been pointed out, the FAmSCo seats do
not have any specific region/country/economy requirement.

Having said, IMHO, it helps FAmSCo significantly if it has as
wide a geographic representation as possible.

With those thoughts, I now turn to the issue of the FAD
that did not happen in Sri Lanka.

I was glad to see the announcement of the Sri Lankan FAD
and when the short email blurb came though that it was done,
I was  looking forward to the full report - with photos, blogs etc.

But the FAD did not happen as advertised. It's a pity.  Whatever
reasons for it to have been a failed FAD, I think it should have
been highlighted earlier instead of how it was found out.

Let's keep in mind what I mentioned above: we all want to
do the Right Thing.

With that, let's recognize that mistakes were made and
I believe apologies have been extended. Let's end the matter
here and chalk this up as a point in gaining experience.

Harish