[Ambassadors] Fedora Meet Up @Malaysia[Quick summary]

Suresh Packiyarajah suresht at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 22 16:34:17 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Quick summary of Fedora meet up @Malaysia. it was held on the 18th and 20th
of Nov 2011 at McDonald's Malaysia.

Full Credits go to Mohd Izhar Firdaus (Kagesenshi) who organized the event.

*List of participated.*

1.Ankit (India-Red Hat Pune)
2.Aman Alam(India-Red Hat Pune)
3.Ani Peter(India-Red Hat Pune)
3.Danishka Navin -Srilanka
4.Mohd Izhar Firdaus-Malaysia
5.Mohd Fazli Azran -Malaysia
6.Akmal-Malaysia
7.Symwan-Malaysia
8.Ken-Malaysia
9.Meng Shen,Lim-Malaysia
10.Mak-Bangladesh
11.Tuan-Vietnam
12.Puong Yang -Vietnam
13.Hung Ngwyen Vu-Vietnam

and my self but we have missed Pierros due to some reasons not only Fedora
event but also he could not participated for the Mozilla Camp 2011 too.

We had two session[18 and 20 of Nov] due to flight schedule and Mozilla
Camp 2011, it took place at night.

*Quick summary:*

Malaysia Side: kagesenshi has an idea to do bidding FudCon 2012 but he
needs more volunteers so his team players are willing to do campas camp
event from 360' malaysia for recruiting students.

Srilanka Side : There are many questions from other ambassadors regarding
recently crises in srilanka fedora community so we replied  "past is past"
we hope it will not happen any more then we added that we are
planning ahead to make more fedora events.

India Side: They observed everything what we are speaking
because recently they have done FudCon 2011 in Pune so no points to added.
Ankit, just explained the general things like "in order to make success you
have to plan two ways logical side and technical side and so on.

Vietnam Side: Tuan says, he is not able to arrange like big events due
to lack of ambassadors in Vietnam and also he added more "In Vietnam,other
open source project has many community fans than Fedora so we are
facing this issues in their region not only Vietnam but also Thailand,Hong
Kong" he is trying his best over there.

It was enjoyably meet up and Meeting ended with McDonald's meals and
fun,jokes.

Thanks Kagesenshi and others who participated.

Photos are found[0],[1]

[0]:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118302499905321445723/FedoraMeetUp18Nov2011Malaysia
[1]:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118302499905321445723/FedoraMeetUp20Nov2011Malaysia

Best Regards,
Suresh
Fedora Ambassador -Srilanka

gpg-0x50A53FF2

Key fingerprint = 7033 AC77 523A 07B1 141D 9E2A 6E26 845C 50A5 3FF2
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Suresht