[Ambassadors] Fedora is the 2º most used Linux s ystem

Nikos Roussos nikos at autoverse.net
Sun Nov 27 14:16:50 UTC 2011

On Nov 27, 2011 3:31 PM, "Onyeibo Oku" <twohotis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this really a topic for Ambassadors list? This should be pursued at
the source i.e. Gnome-designers and fedora desktop group. Personally, I
find your position too relative (as in, pertaining to personal preferences
rather than absolute (based on result of tested scenarios) ... And those
scenarios being hypothetical and subjected to testing during development
stage). Which experts do you refer to?

> I find Gnome3 easier to use and I have been using Gnome2 from F11. I
don't think its perfect but I appreciate the direction and would rather
suggest ways of improving what is ... As long as its in the direction of
the future.  Change is around us. We either adapt or die ... If the Linux
community is concerned about decline in usage in favour of other Linux
solutions then I'm left in wonder - because that is not really a loss. And
what does it profit if the circle is comprised of a clique of old GUI
purists and new people are brewing outside the fence?

> Finally, this kind of thread has the potential to go sour and noisy. This
is simply not the forum for it.

+1. I happen to consider Gnome 3 the most productive desktop environment
(including all operating systems), but I also think that Gnome's UX is not
a relative topic for the Ambassadors list.

Nuno thanx for the info.