[Ambassadors] Fedora is the 2º most used Linux s ystem

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Mon Nov 28 14:16:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 14:51 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:

> ..and we ambassadors should start being members of every other
> > mailing list? ..quite of wrong way of "management".
>
> Why? You have to become a group member to write an e-mail to the team
> mailing list or use the bugzilla to file a ticket/bug? Those are the
> valid and helpful ways, not general bashing in a mailing list which the
> relevant developers don't read.

Just because of that what I just wrote.

You want me to be a group member and read
_all_the_fedora_related_development_lists_ to be able to say what I
think and what is wrong in a particular part of the whole combination
named as Fedora?

Sorry, but this is wrong way.

Developers should read just a couple of major lists (including
ambassadors) and they would easily know what people think and whats
wrong. Not the vice versa because nobody can be a member of every list.

You have to take into account that this particular GNOME discussion is
not the _only_ problem or wish from the field. There are many - as many
as there are projects under Fedora and under GNU etc.
It is much easier to developer to follow the list of the particular
product what they are developing including 2-4 other lists than other
way around when we should be members of a hundreds of lists to get our
voices heard.

--
Jukka