[Ambassadors] [URGENT] We need more release events for Fedora 16

Abdel G. Martínez L. abdel.g.martinez.l at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:36:49 UTC 2011

Same considerations as *Jaroslav*.  It should be *F16* not F15.

Thank you for the reminder.  *Christoph*, I got a question:
*Will there be opportunity to fill a ticket for budget after the deadline**?
*

I ask that because here in Panama we are still pending *minimum* but *
important* things.

Thanks in advance for the help. Farewell, waiting for the answer.

2011/10/19 Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > My fellow ambassadors,
> >
> > I just looked into the wiki and realized that we don't have enough
> Where are you looking for?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#EMEA-FY12Q2 filled.
>
> > release events for Fedora 16 yet:
> >      * APAC: 2
> >      * EMEA: 1
> >      * LATAM: 0
> >      * NA: 0
> >
> >                       Come on, we can do better!
>
> Yes, we should build a better tool (on the way I think)
>

> > If you want to host a Fedora F16 release event, please submit it NOW
> > because we are already 5 days past the deadline. I think we should
> > extend the deadline by a week, but on
> >
> >                       October, Friday 21st 2011
> >
> > we really need all release events planned.
> >
> > If you'd like to host an event, you should
> >     1. create a wiki page. IT should be named
> >        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Party_F15_<your_city>
> I have never heard about this guideline before.
> Is it kind of mandatory?
>

> >     2. add {{subst:ReleaseParty}} at the top of the page and save it.
> This is overriden by the {{header|events}} template.
>
> >     3. fill in the details
> >     4. add your page to
> >        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_release_events
> >
> > Of course we are willing to help you where ever we can. If you need
> > budget, swag or other marketing material, please let us know.
> >
> >      * Budget: file a ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/
> >      * Swag: file a ticket for
> >              * APAC at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/
> >                      * India at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-india/
> >              * EMEA at https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/
> >              * NA at https://fedorahosted.org/famnarequests/
> >              * LATAM at
> >                http://rpmdev.proyectofedora.org/projects/embajadores
> >      * Design stuff: file a ticket at
> >        https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ *and* contact the design
> >        team via their mailing list at
> >        design-team at lists.fedoraproject.org
> >
> > As a thank you for your work FAmSCo will sponsor a dinner for you and
> > your release event team.
> >
> > If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask on this list.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christoph
> >

> Thanks for the reminder
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> User:shaiton
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

*Abdel G. Martínez L.*
*Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5 and 6*
*Fedora Ambassador & Campus Ambassador
Fedora Documentation Contributor
*
*Fedora Python Developer & Packager Mantainer
*

*Mobile:
**+507 6125 1563

**Email: