[Ambassadors] Brief Event Report - Fedora Event at Kandy

Buddhika Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 28 13:13:25 UTC 2011

Hello Folks,

I had an event
Venue: SLIIT, Kandy an IT education institution in Sri Lanka.
Date: 27th Oct 2011
Time : 1 pm-3 pm

The line up was,
* Introduction to FOSS
* Software Freedom Day 2011
* Fedora Project, Contribution

I was the speaker and the event last for about 2 hours.

Their lab computers are installed with Fedora 11 and I promised to send some
F16 DVD as soon as they are ready.
The staff is so excited about the project and willing to have another event
soon when their new batches arrived in around next January.
Looking forward to have more events under the "Fedora for Kandy" event
series[1] and get more contribution towards the project and
hope that will make the Fedora LK Community[2] bigger.

Here is the brief event report and more detailed story with photos will
be coming soon as soon I got them.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_For_Kandy
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LK_Community

*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)*
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event Liaison - Design Team

*Email*: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | *IRC*: bckurera
*