[Ambassadors] EMEA F17 media production

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:58:28 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 02.04.2012, 20:30 +0200 schrieb Kévin Raymond:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon
> <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 17:17 +0200, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> >>
> >> Since Fedora 10 we had already produced French media I think. We have
> >> only requested few times to EMEA (3 times If I recall well), as we
> >> have add some founds from Red Hat at a certain time.
> >
> > If I dug correctly in my archives, the first time we checked prices for
> > CDs is during the summer of 2008. However, I can't find if that was for
> > F9 or F10 CDs.
> >
> > Pierre
>
> FYI,
>
> I just received the quote,
> the dual layer Master media is at 312€ and for 1000 media it is 0.48
> per units. Total cost with taxes is 947€.
> Ok, that's expensive for only a bunch of 1000.
> We could also produce all media from one type on one location, and
> others on the other location…

Which then means
we have to ship two packages for every event, one from France with these
media and one from Czech with the others.
we have different qualities of media on every event.

The 2nd reason is not that important, but the first one really scares
me. I am afraid of all the overhead.

Kind regards,
Christoph