[Ambassadors] APAC Ambassador Meeting 2012-08-04 Minutes

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 4 06:32:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com> wrote:
> "But non of sri lankan fedora users are aware of that."
>
> Local ambassadors (including myself) are responsible to make an awareness
> about what local Fedora uses have.

Hello

Uditha : We cannot say ""non of Sri Lankan Fedora users"", there are
many who know and few who use it. Normally in Sri Lanka many users
dont download an Operating system via internet. Few are using this in
their repo list. When it is used outside the learn network (other than
educational institutes) there is no difference at all. Most IT
students in universities are aware of this. Even FOSS User Magazine
featured an advertisement regarding this mirror, not only for Fedora
but also for all software available able under this mirror including
Fedora and Hanthana.

That is the situation, however since most of the users couldnt use
learn network, the advantage is minimum. But of course we can increase
the awareness(note it in events) and maintain a list (Danishka +1),
that would be helpful.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)

Email: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | IRC: bckurera | User: Bckurera