[Ambassadors] APAC Ambassador Meeting 2012-08-04 Minutes

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 02:29:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 06:21 +0530, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna wrote:
> Yes Buddhika I accept that. That is not what I'm trying to tell there.
> The case is like this, suppose we try to update or install bunch of
> packages using yum with fastestmirror plugin.

You don't need fastestmirror plugin.

When yum connects to MirrorManager, it **should** get a list of mirrors
which are close to where the user is (based on GeoIP).

So without doing anything, out of the box, Fedora users are normally
only using the mirrors close to them.

If not, it's a bug which needs to be fixed.

--
Mathieu