[Ambassadors] Community in Alabama

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 07:52:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Gent Thaçi <gentthaqi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello y'all! :-)
>
> For those who don't know me I am Gent, an young ambassador since late 2010
> from Kosovo, Kosovo in located in South-Eastern Europe.
>
> I moved to Alabama, US this last Friday, and I will be living in Huntsville
> for 1 year as a part of an exchange program. I am taking senior classes at
> Huntsville High School. I already posted in our Facebook group but I also
> wanted to ask here in the main list if there is any community member living
> in Huntsville or in the area. Or you know any Linux geek I should meet with.
>
> I also wanna promote Fedora Project in my school, start meetups and
> hopefully recruit new members to the community and let them continue even
> after I leave.

Hi Gent,

It's very awesome that you are able to take advantage of such a cool
opportunity! I hope your year in the US goes very well.

You might think about joining the north american ambassador meetings -
we currently meet on Tuesday evenings at 8pm (in your timezone, that
is).

The FAMNA wiki page is here -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Ambassadors_North_America_(FAMNA)
- maybe it will give you a few more ideas about things we are doing
here in north america and ways to get involved.

Cheers,

Robyn