[Ambassadors] Question regarding leftover media

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 30 05:54:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 07:41 +0300, Arthur Buliva wrote:
> Hello good people,
>
> I have a question please. With many events that involve media, I have
> noticed that I get some left-over media. They are not many disks
> individually; about 4 media on F7, 10 on F8, ... you get the drift, right?
>
> Now cumulatively, the disks add up to quite a number. What do you do with
> those?

Pass them on to collectors, or use them for various home craft.

I've seen nice clocks made out of CDs, people attach them in trees to
scare off the birds, etc... Instructables has many guides on what you
can do with old CDs.

Just try your best not to get them to end up in the trash, as CDs are
difficult to recycle (most recycling plants don't even accept them, but
perhaps it's different in your country), and once in a landfill they can
pollute soil and water for many (hundreds of?) years.

--
Mathieu