[Ambassadors] International CES 2013 even - Las Vegas, NV

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 19:13:32 UTC 2012

On 11/30/2012 11:58 AM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> As it turns out, CES may be rather less expensive than I imagined.
> I've requested their sponsorship prospectus and will let the list know
> what it says. I'm not convinced it's the best use of Fedora money, but
> I won't say it's not worth at least finding out what it would cost.

Survey says... yikes!

Booth space is $42/sq ft, which isn't that bad and comparable to what we
pay for a small booth at a large event. OK.

But it's sold in 100 sq ft. increments. There's the yikes.

So at $4200 just for a booth before we've paid for anyone to staff it or
bought swag, that's a huge expenditure that would have to have a pretty
amazing payoff.

Ruth