[Ambassadors] Help spread the word about a survey for Fedora?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 4 22:34:01 UTC 2012

Hi Ambassadors!

You may have heard about Kevin Carillo's FLOSS community survey:

https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/666038-survey-how-important-is-newcomer-experience-in-free-open-source-software-projects

Fedora wasn't initially included in the list of projects for the survey,
but Kevin very kindly offered to add Fedora to the list. However, the
survey closes this Friday, and when I spoke with Kevin last week there
were 0 respondents for Fedora. :( He suggested that we advertise it a
bit more in the community to find some respondents.

So, I could use your help in getting the word out about the survey. The
basics are this:

- The survey is aimed at new contributors, who have started contributing
no earlier than January 2010.

- The survey is anonymous.

- The survey is run on open source software (Lime Survey) and all of the
(anonymized) data will be published under an open license and the
research results will also be published openly.

If you are close to a new Fedora contributor, would you mind telling
them about this survey? If you have time, could you help blog to Planet
Fedora about it?

Thanks for any help you can provide, folks!!

~m