[Ambassadors] EMEA ambassadors meeting 2012-12-05 minutes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:08:04 UTC 2012

We managed to do the meeting in ~ 1 hour. Perfect!

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-12-05/emea_ambasssadors.2012-12-05-21.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-12-05/emea_ambasssadors.2012-12-05-21.01.txt
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-12-05/emea_ambasssadors.2012-12-05-21.01.log.html

Meet you again on
        Wednesday, December 19th (two weeks from now)
        at 20:00 UTC
        in #fedora-meeting!

Regards,
Christoph

#fedora-meeting: EMEA ambassadors meeting 2012-12-05

Meeting started by cwickert at 21:01:03 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-12-05/emea_ambasssadors.2012-12-05-21.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (cwickert, 21:02:02)

* announcements  (cwickert, 21:03:34)
  * Elections for the Fedora Board, FAmSCo and FESCo are open! Vote now
    at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting - deadline is 23:59:59 UTC
    on the December 9! VOTE VOTE VOTE!  (cwickert, 21:05:01)
  * HELP:   (frankice, 21:05:36)
  * FAD EMEA this weekend. Join us in Rheinfelden or on #fedora-fad. We
    have a lot of things to discuss, agenda is at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_EMEA_2012  (cwickert, 21:06:09)

* Ambassadors schedule  (cwickert, 21:09:09)
  * LINK:
    http://jreznik.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-18/f-18-ambassadors-tasks.html
    (cwickert, 21:09:15)
  * We need way more release events, we only have a single event in EMEA
    so far. you can still submit your event and funding request till
    December 14th. For more info, see
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_events  (cwickert,
    21:14:26)
  * F18 release is scheduled for January 8th, but when you plan an
    event, please keep in mind it might be delayed for another week or
    two.  (cwickert, 21:15:15)
  * media production takes a 7-10 days, then add a few days for
    shipping. media should be available at your place ~ 2 weeks after
    GA, that is January 22  (cwickert, 21:18:00)
  * ACTION: cwickert to get back to Jiri about the shirts, we want them
    ASAP  (cwickert, 21:21:25)
  * budget requests should now be filed in the EMEA swag tracker and no
    longer in FAmSCo's track.  (cwickert, 21:23:53)
  * ACTION: cwickert to work on the EMEA trac insatance  (cwickert,
    21:27:49)

* Events  (cwickert, 21:29:37)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY13_Q4_.28December_2012_-_February_2013.29_2
    (cwickert, 21:29:57)
  * Fedora will be at http://konf.fsf.hu/cgis/ossc this weekend, you can
    still support Zoltan and Gergily by showing up and bringing some
    swag with you  (cwickert, 21:32:39)
  * cwickert registered Fedora at FOSDEM, booth is not yet confirmed
    (cwickert, 21:38:13)
  * if you want to attend FOSDEM, please register at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSDEM_2013  (cwickert, 21:40:52)
  * most deadlines for FOSDEM are due, but you can still submit a
    lightning talk till December 21st, see
    https://fosdem.org/2013/call_for_lightningtalks/  (cwickert,
    21:44:22)
  * Chemnitzer Linux-Tage take place March 16th + 17th, 2013  (cwickert,
    21:49:10)

* Action items from previous meetings  (cwickert, 21:51:18)

* Open Floor  (cwickert, 21:53:07)
  * the delay of F18 caused a lot of bad PR and FUD. Set it straight
    where ever you find it  (cwickert, 22:08:31)
  * lets deliver an awesome F18 release. File bugs, fix bugs, hold
    release events, make noise, spread the word!  (cwickert, 22:09:13)

Meeting ended at 22:10:26 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* cwickert to get back to Jiri about the shirts, we want them ASAP
* cwickert to work on the EMEA trac insatance

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* cwickert
  * cwickert to get back to Jiri about the shirts, we want them ASAP
  * cwickert to work on the EMEA trac insatance
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------