[Ambassadors] FAmSCo calls for F18 release parties!

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 04:31:52 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

Gianluca and Jaroslav, thank you for updates.  :)

> > Well, this is what we have historicaly in the schedule, Jiri already asked me how these dates are set. So I'd like to ask the team to review it - not sure Town Halls are held (and what's is/was purpose), how the budget allocation works. But - let me know, I'd like to do broader schedule review for F19 to remove outdated items etc.

Jaroslav, well said.  I strongly think that getting budget "needs" for Release Events are very important.  :)

> Yeah. Additionally, I am not sure having a deadline for release events submissions is really useful. I mean, it is ok to encourage early submission but I hope we are not going to turn down reimbursements for events submitted late in the cycle.

Gianluca, exactly.  :)

I read an e-mail from one of the ambassadors, " Alick Zhao" who has "mailed"

"...There is a heated discussion about whether we will hold a F18 Release Party in Beijing, China in the ml[1]. And I think the current attitude means yes. Since some of ambassadors here (esp me) are not quite familiar with the submission procedure, we would like to have a extension made, which can give us more time to prepare..."

the Ambassador's Mailing List [2] for an extension the Fedora 18 release party.

Food for thought.  Some people may have mid-December course commitments as well such as Final Exams to contend with.  ;)
================================
Relevant URL:

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/chinese/2012-December/010836.html
[2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2012-December/020606.html
================================

Please have a Great Fedora day and/or evening! :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

---------------------------------

十人十色
じゅうにんといろ

10 people 10 colors

Different strokes for different folks

=

Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
With sixteen (16) x86_64 computing cores, 80 GB of RAM and eight SATA
Seagate 7200.12 - 500 GB harddisks.
With sixty-four (64) x86_64 computing cores, 256 GB of RAM and 1TB harddisks.
The system definitions are at the following URL:
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey#Using_embedded_code_have_updates_automatically_done_for_running_systems.27_status

=