[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting log for 2012-02-15

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:21:34 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2012, 08:32 +0800 schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus
Ismail:

> I'm wondering about FUDCon APAC, there was a bid announcement before
> and according to the bid it should happen around 1st March -> 31st
> May.

Good question. We already have a ticket for the FUDCon bids [1], but
somehow it was not on our agenda. The query we use for the agenda needs
to be fixed.

However I am surprised about the date you mention. According to the wiki
Bejing is scheduled for November 11-13 [2], Malaysia for May 18-20 [3]
and the Philippines for May 24-27 or August 24-26. Can you tell me where
you got that date.

> Its already mid of februrary and no results yet. Anybody know whether
> the bids will be continued or cancelled?

I see no reason for canceling anything but we need to hurry up.

Regards,
Christoph

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/258
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Beijing_2011