[Ambassadors] Fedora Introductory Session at MIT Manipal

Nitesh Narayan niteshnarayanlal at indiatimes.com
Mon Feb 20 17:23:35 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm a prospective ambassador being mentored by Shakti Kannan (mbuf).
I intend to organize an event at my institute, MIT Manipal, India on the
8th of March, 2012. The event is aimed at introducing Fedora and the
Fedora community to students at the university, giving them a crash
course on how they can begin contributing. The complete agenda is
mentioned on the wiki page for the event[1]

It would really be great if I could get some swag and goodies to give
out at the event: specially since this is an introductory session. In
accordance with the event guidelines, I've filed a trac ticket
requesting swag at the apac trac[2].

I've also added the event to the fedora events page[3].

As the we get nearer to the event, and the presentations etc. are
completed, I will continue to add them to the event page.

If you have any suggestions/advice based on your previous events and
such, please share them. I'll be glad to have your inputs :).

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan/OpenTalks
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/18
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events

Regards