[Ambassadors] Response regarding format for fedora videos (sorry this isn't in the right thread)

Sarah White graphitefriction at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:07:13 UTC 2012

> One last question? Which video format will we use for it? .ogg or .webm
> are two good video formats compatible with the majority of web browsers
> and are included on the support of HTML´s video tag.

The videos must be submitted using an open source video codec and we
are recommending theora (part of the ogg project).  Here is the page
where we've laid out the preliminary guidelines and requirements for
the videos
https: //fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos/Guidelines.

Any feedback would definitely be appreciated.  As for the HTML video
tag, I'll bring it up in the meeting.  You're welcome to join in!

Next Fedora Videos meting time and date: