[Ambassadors] [Event Report] Jamia Millia Islamia College of Enginnering , Delhi

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:55:37 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-07-21 at 23:50 +0530, Nitesh Narayan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had taken a session on What is Fedora and how one can contribute to
> it at Jamia Millia Islamia College of Enginnering [1], Delhi , India
> on Saturday, July 21st , 2012.
>
> The participants were Btech students including few employed people as
> well . They were familiar with Linux and most of them were using on or
> the other Linux .
>
> The session begin and I introduced them to Fedora what it is , what is
> the reason behind forming Fedora .
> I had also explained about the Fedora Foundation (Freedom ,Friends ,
> Features and First) meaning to them .
> The crowd really seems excited and interactive through out the
> session . After finishing the above I explained them how then can
> start contributing to Fedora . At the end I explained few basic things
> about Mailing List and IRC .
>
> Thanks to JMI LUG  [2] for there help in organizing this meetup . Few
> photos taken during the event are available at [3].
>

> [1] Jamia Millia Islamia University : http://jmi.ac.in/
>
> [2] JMI LUG : http://www.jmilug.org/cms/
>
> [3] Photos :
> https://picasaweb.google.com/108453109276209258652/FedoraMeetupJMIDelhi?authkey=Gv1sRgCLvXhMDz8s3pmAE

Hi Nitesh,

Looks like a great event! Keep it up! Please do update the related
fedora wiki events pages with your reports and other links. If you have
some feedback that you'd like to discuss, you can add it to the agenda
to the next APAC meeting (which I will hopefully be able to attend ;) )
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.