[Ambassadors] Wrapping up some SELF details and FAD @ SELF? Anyone?

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:44:22 UTC 2012

Hi All,
First I'm kinda new to Fedora (recent convert from Ubuntu), and I'm
really happy with the community so far. I'm interested in becoming a
Fedora Ambassador as well. I've started the process, and e-mailed a
couple of potential sponsors but haven't heard anything back yet.

In any event, I am going to SELF, and although I'm not an ambassador,
I would love to meet some of you guys, and I'm willing to help out
some if I can (I do have some classes I need to attend though).

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting some of you this weekend!

Jayson Rowe
( FYI, here is my Wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jaysonr )

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings, ambassadors coming to SELF:
>
> Three things:
>
> First: For the love of all things beefy, please, put your name on the
> SELF wiki page if you have not done so already:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELF_2012
>
> There are multiple sections - for "if you're planning to booth,"
> giving a presentation, if you want to share when you arrive/depart,
> etc. This is very helpful information to have.
>
> Second: If you are unsure of your ride details from airports or etc.,
> please start sorting them out now.
>
> Third: We have a room available to us on Sunday at SELF in which I was
> thinking it might be nice to Get Something Done, but I wanted to feel
> out who was interested in participating, etc before finalizing
> anything. This is basically a "we can get a few things done in a
> couple hours with who we have on hand" type fad, not a "haul everyone
> in" kind of fad :)
>
> Some thoughts:
>
> * Marketing FAD (Assess current state of marketing collateral, plan
> for F18 and beyond)
> * Finance FAD (Take a look at finance approval processes and perhaps
> come up with something new; talk about current state of budget, etc)
> * Plan FAMNA FAD, FAD (Make a plan for what we might want to
> accomplish at a North American Ambassador FAD)
> * ?????????? Your suggestions here
>
> Anyhoo: I made a wiki page, here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_at_SELF_2012
>
> Feel free to add your name if you're interested in Doing Something.
>
> -Robyn

-jayson