[Ambassadors] FAmSco meeting 2012-06-18 minutes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:50:12 UTC 2012

My fellow ambassadors,

the newly elected FAmSCo just held it's very first meeting. Sorry I did
not send out a reminder earlier, but I was a bit confused about the new
meeting time myself. We have now settled for

        Monday at 17:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-2.

And believe it or not, all 7 FAmSCo members were present and we had a
very productive meeting. I was re-elected as FAmSCo chair and appointed
Daniel Bruno as vice-chair.

I am looking forward to work with the new FAmSCo and I hope we can keep
up the pace and attendance.

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-06-18/famsco.2012-06-18-17.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-06-18/famsco.2012-06-18-17.01.html
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-06-18/famsco.2012-06-18-17.01.log.html

Meet you again next week
        Monday June 25th
        at 17:00 UTC
        in #fedora-meeting-2!

Regards,
Christoph

====================================
#fedora-meeting-2: FAmSCo 2012-06-18
====================================

Meeting started by cwickert at 17:01:26 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-06-18/famsco.2012-06-18-17.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (cwickert, 17:01:45)

* Announcements  (cwickert, 17:08:13)
  * We have a new FAmSCo: Christoph Wickert, Jiri Eischmann, Clint
    Savage, Nick Bebout, Alejandro Perez, Daniel Bruno, Buddhika
    Chandradeepa Kurera  (cwickert, 17:09:06)
  * Fedora Board Runoff Election is open till tomorrow, vote either nb
    or evilbob at
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/runoffboardf18
    (cwickert, 17:10:06)
  * AGREED: new FAMSCo meeting time is Monday at 17:00 UTC  (cwickert,
    17:14:49)
  * new FAMSCo meeting time is Monday at 17:00 UTC  (cwickert, 17:14:54)

* Election of the FAmSCo Chairs  (cwickert, 17:19:44)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_rules
    (cwickert, 17:19:50)
  * AGREED: cwickert is the old and new FAmSCo chair  (cwickert,
    17:24:00)
  * danielbruno is new FAmSCo vice-chair  (cwickert, 17:31:25)

* Funding for fvollero for EuroPython  (cwickert, 17:33:37)
  * #297 can be closed, fvollero receives funding from his employer
    (cwickert, 17:34:51)

* Funding for jreznik for LinuxTag 2012  (cwickert, 17:35:18)
  * AGREED: #292 is approved  (cwickert, 17:37:13)

* Budget review guidelines  (cwickert, 17:37:33)
  * ACTION: aeperezt to ask for feedback about #281 on the LATAM mailing
    list  (cwickert, 17:51:50)
  * ACTION: all FAmSCo members to discuss #281 with their local
    communities and provide feedback in the trac ticket  (cwickert,
    17:52:52)
  * AGREED: : for now we go with 4 levels (0-499, 500-1999, 2000-5000,
    5000+) and allow the regions to make their own rules. 5 ambassadors
    should be rule of thumb for regional meetings, but exceptions may be
    granted per region  (cwickert, 17:54:20)

* Funding for fvollero for EuroPython (redux)  (cwickert, 18:08:44)
  * AGREED: #297 is approved, fvollero receives full funding for
    accommodation at EuroPython, that is 425 EUR  (cwickert, 18:15:38)

* Open Floor  (cwickert, 18:15:52)

Meeting ended at 18:24:23 UTC.

Action Items
* all FAmSCo members to discuss #281 with their local communities and
  provide feedback in the trac ticket

Action Items, by person