[Ambassadors] goals for F18 cycle

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 14:22:27 UTC 2012

Hi,
every FAmSCo member got a homework at the first meeting. And the
homework was to set personal goals we want to achieve in the next months
and make other ambassadors acquainted with them. So here they are:

1) I'd like to make a comprehensive material that would help ambassadors
find the best ways to promote Fedora in their region. When a new
ambassador starts he doesn't know what to do, how to do etc. I'd like to
make a list of descriptive suggestions, activities that are worth doing
and work. It won't be a "must-do" list, rather tips to improve
ambassador's job. I'll start working on this when I return from holidays
and I will appreciate help of experienced ambassadors.

2) I'd like to improve cooperation and flow of information between
ambassadors and other groups in Fedora. In the material for ambassadors,
I'd like to include a section that would list things that are currently
new or important and ambassadors should propagate them in the community
(test days, urgent need for help in some group etc.).

3) I'd like to improve swag&media planning and distribution globally and
locally. This still doesn't work very well. We have to make sure that
swag is ready at the time when release parties are.

4) My personal goal is also to find new ambassadors in European
countries where we currently have no active representatives (e.g. Poland
or Slovakia).

Jiri