[Ambassadors] Please don't rely on me...

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:52:09 UTC 2012

.... too much.

Catchy subject, isn't it? ;) I hope I have everybody's attention now.

I just came home from biking and while I was away, two people pinged me
and asked if we were supposed to have an EMEA ambassadors meeting.  No,
it was supposed to be last week, because of the Germany vs. Netherlands
soccer match, I was not able to host it.  I sent out a warning before I
left and asked, if someone else would run the meeting.  Unfortunately
nobody did.

Instead somebody suggested, to delay the meeting by a week.  Too bad, he
did not ask this on the mailing list, so I was not aware of this.  Long
story short: We basically missed two meetings.  At least one should have
taken place, either tonight or last week.

Please, do not rely on me too much.  I am trying my best, but the Fedora
ambassadors don't depend on me.  Everybody can run a meeting.  You don't
need me to do it.

So next time there is a meeting and I am not around, just go ahead.
Ping people in #fedora-ambassadors and start the meeting.  Don't ask,
don't think about it too long, just do it.  I know you can!

Kind regards,
Christoph