[Ambassadors] Some ambassador map corrections

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:27:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 00:31 +0800, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> Hehe, What did I say about projection systems being confusing?
>
> Turns out I broke everything with my previous patch... because I
> failed
> at using the right system. :)
>
> Here are the actual patches which make everything work.

Looking forward to having these incorporated :)

This is what I learnt about Lat/Long in school (which appears to work
correctly)

Greenwich = 0 Longitude. To the right is postive (India for example), to
the left is negative. Values = [-180,+180]

Equator = 0 Latitude. To the north is positive, to the south is
negative. Values = [-90,90]

I'm not sure what standard this is, they didn't go into that much detail
at school ;)

This is what this site uses[1], and should be the values in FAS

[1] http://www.getlatlon.com/

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,