[Ambassadors] script to get emails of fas users from a country

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Mar 8 06:02:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 04:30 +0000, Tristan Santore wrote:
> > some ambassadors might find this useful.
> >
> > https://gist.github.com/1994244
> >
> Ok, so I would like to know now why fas is allowing that script to get
> my details out. As my private flag is set in FAS.

Because the script log in and the email is not considered to be private
information. If I log in into FAS and check your fas username, I can
see:
- Your email
- Your IRC nick
- You status
- Your groups

I will only find you if I ask for your specific country, which happens
to be on the footer of your emails.
If you consider this to be a bug, please open a ticket on the FAS' trac
on fedorahosted.

Pierre