[Ambassadors] [EMEA] Using zodbot to call people to join the meeting

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 8 17:55:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

As discussed last November, we have a zodbot command that could be
used to ping people in irc. That is greater than only sending a ping
to names that we know.
This is using the Pinglists plugin[1]. I've created two lists[2] based
on fas info by that time, two because names are limited in one list.
Anyone could join the list using zodbot commands.

.PingLists list
will return existing lists,
.PingLists doping emea_amba1 EMEA meeting now
will send a private notice (by irc) to all members of the emea_amba1
list, you need also to call the second list, emea_amba2.
We could create an alias who will do "PingLists doping emea_amba1"
(even both lists?) but need and admin I think.

To add a nick on a list, simply send the following:
.PingLists add emea_amba2 your_name

More at[1].

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=supybot-pinglists.git;a=blob;f=README
[2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-November/018481.html

This explanation have been requested at yesterday meeting.
Christoph, I wanted that on the wiki, but I have really no idea of
where to put that, if not in you meeting template. Unfortunately I
have currently lost all my bookmarks…

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)