[Ambassadors] Organizing Fedora swag a bit better

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 09:46:00 UTC 2012

Christoph Wickert píše v St 21. 03. 2012 v 16:40 +0100:
> Am Mittwoch, den 21.03.2012, 10:16 -0400 schrieb Tom Callaway:
> > I'm passing this along for Máirín Duffy, she tried to send this, but it
> > didn't make it to the list. Please be sure to CC her on replies.

I don't think everyone generally wants Pantone. We've made a lot of swag
and Pantone was wanted only in two cases:
1. Fedora 16 media - disk prints, but they required CMYK for sleeves
which were much more complex design in terms of colours
2. Fedora flash drives - there was only logo of Fedora, so two colours

I think Pantone is usually required when there is very simple design
with two or three colours and those colours need to be exactly what
they're meant to be. For more complex designs, that are going to be
printed on paper or similar surfaces, CMYK is sufficient or even
required.
What we have had a problem with was generating a print CMYK PDF that the
printer could open. It happened to us once when we made a Fedora rollup
banner done.

Jiri