[Ambassadors] Next FUDCon KL Planning Meeting & Funding Approval

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:56:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is an early reminder for the next fudcon kl planning meeting in
> #fudcon-planning as this also involve the funding approval.
>
> Meeting time:  Thursday, 29th March 2012, 14:01UTC (date -d
> '2012-03-29 14:01:00 UTC')
> Meeting agenda:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:KualaLumpur_2012/Meeting:2012-03-29
>
> The funding approval process will follow a similar format which we
> used in last approval meeting (or can someone can suggest a more
> efficient & fair format?)
>
> * we will go through all applicants, and each applicants will have to
> state his existing contributions, and what they wish to contribute +
> achieve in fudconkl and answer any questions which might arise (those
> who have done this in previous meeting are exempted, unless theres
> questions we need to ask)

I think expecting each person to attend the meeting is unreasonable
(invariably some won't be able to attend) and the existing
contributions should be on the user wiki pages and what they are
planning to contribute to FUDCon should be on the ticket. So I don't
see any point in having each person go through all that during the
meeting.

What I would suggest is that the people who are going to make the
decisions do some homework before the meeting. Learn about the
background and plans of each requester and come to the meeting
prepared to make decisions. If you have questions rather than saving
them for the meeting ask them on the ticket so people who may not be
able to attend the meeting can still answer your questions.

I think this will allow the meeting to progress at a reasonable pace.

> * decision will be done by the FPL and organizing team after we have
> gone through all applicants.
>
> Reminder: Funding requests is still open until 27th March 2012. So you
> still have chance to apply.

Having worked on subsidies in the past I know what hard work it is and
we all appreciate your efforts.

Thanks,
John