[Ambassadors] [FUDCon EMEA bids]Re: FAmSco meeting 2012-03-21 minutes

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 29 22:22:49 UTC 2012

2012/3/29 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 29.03.2012 14:14, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>> Don't get it wrong. I'm not saying no one should express his/her
>> opinion. I just think that there should be defined deadlines and we
>> should give bidders time to make great bids and not to discourage them
>> by expressing our personal opinions too early and once the deadline has
>> passed and we have all bids submitted and ready let's start discussing
>> and choose the best one a transparent way.
>
> i do not think it is to early - the deadline for submitting the EMEA
> bids was January 11, 2012¹ - and i also do not think our french friends
> are discouraged by my statement - even if my arguments were flawed and
> biased ;) - i am only one voice!
>
> but i agree with you that a more objective approach for making the
> decission would be good, as example to improve the metric that i
> proposed in famsco in 2010 to make the 2011 decission for latam - not
> perfect but a start²
> I wished i had more time - metrics are my hobby - and i think i could
> come up with something better than what we have done in 2010 but my
> dayjob takes nearly my full attention at the moment. Maybe someone will
> step up who has fun with metrics?

Clearly that would be great to define a bit more how the decision would be made.
We speak between ambassadors, and the FAmSCo have the budget approval.
Even if the FUDCon is organized by ambassadors, it's mostly a devel
event, where all groups are involved.
It's not about ambassador only, and I know many contributors knowing
more about FUDCon than ambassador the tasks.

> No matter who get selected - for those who do not make it, there is no
> reason to give up - this is not a rejection. I could deal with "loosing"
> the Budapest Bid last year - so even if i am not behind the bid this
> year, i know how it feels;)
>
> cu Joerg
>

> ¹
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-December/003024.html
> ²
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Ao95bHUyeo-KdEpOM1pnbXFaMDdHdWpZcmN2VXotTFE&authkey=CM607IkH&hl=de#gid=0
> --

BTW Zoltan, we've done it really well at last meeting:
* shaiton_ (58)
* zoltanh7211 (58)

;-)

--