[Ambassadors] [APAC] The incomming Indonesian Community Conflict

Arif Tri Waluyo arifiauo at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 4 08:33:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Hi there!

> in fedoracommunity.org (thereafter called "fc.o") from
> "id.fedoracommunity.org" to "fedora.or.id".
> After digging a bit, I found that the ID community have two "portals",
> and that they are not working together.
>
> With this email, I kindly ask either the board or the FAmSCo to come
> back to us (infra AND websites) if any action has to be taken (about
> the id.fc.o domain and/or the fc.o website).
> As I've not signed for community management, I am not sure to follow
> the whole story starting now :).
>
> The story:
> Back in November 2011, Arif Tri Waluyo have requested the id.fc.o
> domain name, to point to his community portal. Once approved by the
> board and done in the infra, he has sent to the Websites team a
> request to add it on fc.o[2].
> By that time, the website was really awesome, with a really nice them.
> I remember having congratulated them.
>
> Yesterday, we received a request from Yafiz Haris Nasution[3] to
> change "id.fedoracommunity.org" to "fedora.or.id" in fc.o/apac without
> anymore details. Because I would see this clever to change the id.fco
> redirection I've asked for more details.
> After a quick check, yesterday id.fc.o was redirected to an ugly
> WordPress administration page.
>
> My feeling now is that there is something not fair here. I've brought
> Arif Tri Waluyo on the discussion and only him replied in public,
> while Yafiz replied to me in private (I am going to share it soon, on
> the original thread, as there is nothing that should be hidden).
> I've also asked Yafiz about the fedora.or.id trademark agreement name,
> without having a one line clear answer. Spot, could you please
> approve?
>
> Later yesterday, Arif Tri Waluyo asked the infra team to change the
> id.fc.o redirection[4], which now points to an "Under maintenace :p"
> website. I feel the hurry here. Arif, why did you need that? Couldn't
> you have waited to have a working webpage on your server?

I need it because I wanted to build a forum and blog, and it can not be done if
the domain has not been directed to the server. I actually do not move here
alone, there are some friends Indonesia who are also holders of FAS.
Actually I had also asked the opinion of the spot on this matter. Spot
only give
advice in general. To prove that I have no personal ambition in this regard.
I'm waiting for an answer, what should I do now?