[Ambassadors] [APAC] The incomming Indonesian Community Conflict

ekoikhyar ekoikhyar at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 4 10:11:28 UTC 2012

2012/5/4 Prima Yogi Loviniltra <jurankdankkal at fedoraproject.org>

> Dear Kévin,
> Arif means that for the Fedora Indonesia Community...
> I'm one of the contributor in Fedora-Id also Ambassadors...
> The cronolgy is like this, when fedora.or.id dead and no one can be in
> contact to revive the forum and portal, finally arif have an idea to
> request http://id.fedoracommunity.org/ to be a official portal fedora-id
> and he also recruit some fedora contributor also ambassadors to help him to
> manage that ,and we also have a file ticket to up mailing list again here
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans-id/ and irc in #fedora-id, because
> if we just waiting for the fedora.or.id when will up we'll stuck without
> any action right?
> The ugly wordpress n the message "under maintanence" is because I'm still
> doing a configuration because we're now moving from blogger to new hosting
> and here http://id.fedoracommunity.org/forum<http://id.fedoracommunity.org/>our forum also still maintanance..
> after all of these exist (portal, forum, irc, mailing list) then
> fedora.or.id come back to earth, and we (contributor in id.fc.org) have
> an idea to unite us under Fedora Indonesia but fedora.or.id rejected it
> and fedora.or.id also banned us (id.fc.org) from facebook page and forum..
> from me and other friends just want the best for fedora Indonesia with our
> union that is highly desirable, but if there are still those who persist with
> the ego didn't want to unite, we can do anything, and this is the end of
> that is by our own way...
>
> Sorry for my bad english and hope you can get what I mean.. :)
> --

[snip]

I am a new Ambassadors, and I follow Arif to run this community that had no
sound again under id.fedoracommunity.org

And now how do we come back to bring up this community?, So I've tried to
make mediation via email to all Indonesian Ambassadors, but not a good
response that I received but the refusal of cooperation.

There is a statment that I get that, your community is your community,

but needs to know that we are a Fedora.

Please help for the positive resolution of the best of all his friends.

--
*Regards,
ekoikhyar