[Ambassadors] Questionnaire handling (Was: Re: FAmSCo nominations are now open!)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 04:38:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Mathieu Bridon
<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 23:36 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>> Please remove your answers for the time being. We'll post all of them up
>> on May 23-24 as the time line lists[3] (May 23-24: Questionnaire
>
> I don't understand that. Why would it hurt to have more time to read the
> answers from the candidates?

I think there was some confusion here but we have handled the
questionnaires both ways in the past. Generally people seem to feel it
is more fair to post all the answers at once so those who submit
answers later than others don't benefit from reading the answers given
by other candidates before they submit their own answers. There are
arguments both ways.

> The current process is that even though some answers are available
> early, we still have to wait for a while, and then we must read them all
> in one day if we want to have a more interesting townhall where we don't
> just ask the same questions again because we didn't have time to read
> the answers.

The answers posted were not to the questionnaire if I understand, they
were answers to questions asked of candidates by FAmSCo as part of the
nomination process and they aren't being removed.

John