[Ambassadors] The Future of release names

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Fri May 11 06:16:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 11:58 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 01:39 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > I've put up a wiki page that tries to summarize the answers to the first two
> > questions that I've seen circulated on the advisory-board mailing list and a
> > link to the only proposal I currently know of (mizmo's proposal to use
> > a single theme for all of the new Fedora releases).
>
> I didn't see a link to the wiki page here or elsewhere in the thread so:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Future_Release_Naming
>
> If you are interested please add your name to the list so we can move
> forward.
>
> ~m

I had a thought on this and I would like to ask _why name them at all_
because we already _number_ them?

Fedora Name+number or Fedora number+name sounds like having toast on
toast to me. People will use the number anyhow when discussing things
around Fedora. Such as "I'm still running Fedora 15" rather than "I'm
still running Fedora
fancy-name-where-no-one-remembers-what-release-it-was".

--
Jukka