[Ambassadors] Default media size

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:18:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I think there is one possibility. We have seen an transition, where 32
bit fading away into the past, and less and less user takes the 32 bit
version. Right now the Multi Live DVD contains four 64 bit and four 32
bit liveCD system. IF we sacrifice the less needed 32 bit systems,
then we can have DVD size, or miniDVD (1.4+ Gbyte) bootable images.
Also I say that we shouldn't have to forget the new primary arch
members like ARM, and moreover I think we should add our LiveUSB
generator to our livedvd, to have instant USB systems from disc.

Zoltan

2012/5/15 Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>:
> Hi,
> as you probably know, there's a huge thread on fedora-devel
> regarding default media size [1] because of MiniDebugInfo and
> FESCo is looking what are the consequences of breaking current
> limit.
>
> I think the Ambassadors are stake holders here as it can influence
> the ability to distribute Fedora, also we're closest to our users.
>
> For EMEA there's only one limitation - we should be able fit all
> four spins in 32/64 bit versions to Multi Desktop Live DVD.
> Christoph mentioned he's willing to sacrifice Sugar offering.
>
> What about other regions? Is the CD size the must? Or we can break it?
> Talking about production costs of medias, users able to use different
> methods to install Fedora etc., enough size flash drive availability/
> affordability... Any thoughts?
>
> Jaroslav
>
> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/166837.html
> --
> Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>
> Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno
>
> Office: +420 532 294 275
> Mobile: +420 602 797 774
> Red Hat, Inc.                               http://cz.redhat.com/

PGP:  06853DF7