[Ambassadors] release party posters

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Thu May 17 14:27:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 13:33 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few meetings ago I was asked for posters for Release Parties.
> Alexander has done the requested versions in color and b/w
>
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/poster/fedora17-release-poster.png
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/poster/fedora17-release-poster-
> bw.png
>
> The SVG sources for replacing the text are in the same directory. Dont
> hesitate to speak with me or others from the design team, if it is to hard to
> do it by yourself.
>
> br gnokii

Great stuff indeed! I like the idea!!!!

And then again one very good example of the "email thread" we had lately
about the "future Fedora release naming".

Here we really can see that even "us" (the contributors and the
community) do not think (at all) about the name -instead we "play" with
release number. F17's name is not even mentioned in the poster!

Therefore: I really suggest everyone to put some effort on this:

Should we give a name (in the future) for Fedora _at all_ or should we
keep going with numbers only. Do we have other alternatives or should we
go as we have done all these years?

I am highly in favour of "numbering only" and against of "numbering
+naming" or any other way of "serving bread on toast" as I mentioned
earlier.
In my point of view this issue (for me) is now discussed. For now, I am
out and I'll let the community to go ahead for the good.

And last but not least. Thank you all for giving so many replies into my
comments (on the other mail-thread). It certainly is the Fedora-way. The
only way we can improve!

--
Jukka