[Ambassadors] Fedora Chinese Community group on Facebook

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Tue May 22 04:30:19 UTC 2012

On 22/05/12 05:16, Dan Mashal wrote:
> I didn't ask WHY we were using Mailman. I know why we're using it.
>
> Again I asked for this not to turn in to a flame war about Forums vs Mailman.
>
> You can choose whether or not you want to subscribe to a forum/thread on a forum. It's your choice.
>
> Have you ever used a forum?
>
> Dan

I don't know about you but mailman is something I used to use in the 90's.

Sounded like you wanted to get rid of it, especially adding your
complaint that it was "filling your inbox".

Dan, please volunteer then to set up a phpBB forum in infra. I am all
for choice, just somebody has to maintain it, and not just it.
There will be other extras that will have to be maintained for it, like
backup creation, anti-spam measures, spam removal, security stuff and
loads more I cannot think of.

Also, another issue with having yet another platform for "communication"
, is that more and more of us will not know what is discussed where. It
dilutes discussion across multiple media, which is not always constructive.

I think the main reason why Fedora is on facebook and co, is to engage
with the younger generation.

Personally, I am part of the Nutella borderline Gameboy generation, so
have no interest in those "(anti-)social" media.

But that is another discussion.

Regards,

Tristan

Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net