[Ambassadors] EMEA ambassadors meeting 2012-11-07 minutes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:57:16 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2012, 08:04 +0100 schrieb Onyeibo Oku:

> This is so unfair.
>
> I didn't even know we were meeting.
> Thought we agreed to get notified three-days before the day

Hi Onyeibo,

we are meeting every other week at the same time and in the same channel
for years now. I think all EMEA ambassadors meanwhile should be aware of
this, even without a reminder. Everybody can set up his own reminder
with in evolution, kontact, orage, and many other pograms in Fedora. If
you are not at your computer, set a reminder in your phone.

Jiri sent a reminder, but it was late. We are only human and sometimes
we forget things. I am pretty sure Jiri appreciates a little help. So
let me ask all the people who complained about missing reminders in the
past: Why didn't you send it yourself?

There is a famous quote by John F. Kennedy: "Ask not, what your country
can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Or more general:
"Ask not, what other can do for you, ask what you can do for others."

I would like us all to take this opportunity and think about this quote
a little.

Kind regards,
Christoph