[Ambassadors] APAC Shipping experience from Bangladesh

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sun Nov 11 16:48:05 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hi Christoph, Buddhike et all,

Thank you for raising this issue and discussing on it a lot.

Media/swag should be one of the biggest problems in APAC up to now.
We need to balance between the quality of media/swag (when producing
them locally in a small amount) and the difficulties have to face
(when getting it imported).

With a small amount of media/swag (I meant hundreds), it's difficult
to order a local to produce them for us (or in a very high cost) so
producing at one place and shipping them in the whole region may be
a wise way. However, we faced a lot of issues to get them imported.
Actually, Harish sent me once about 2-3 years ago but I could not get
them imported because of too high tax. I remember that he wrote a
total of $200 in the attached invoice. So, it's easier for us when
the total is just about $30 (thanks Christoph for your cool idea)

Moreover, I think building a list of import issues categorized by
country for APAC should be a critical task. We should focus on this
issue in the next APAC meeting.
I would like to propose our steps:
  1. Create a wiki page to list all issues by country.
  2. Discuss more (in APAC meeting) to clarify all of them.
  3. Try, share experience and improve the whole process.

I hope the process will improve much after several releases. It it
works well, we will have a big improvement in promoting Fedora.
We can not know where it goes if you do not start.

I created the wiki page [1]. Everyone, please fill your issues in.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/APAC_Media_Shipping_Issues

Kind regards,
Tuan