[Ambassadors] FUDCon 2013 - APAC - Timeline

Prima Yogi Loviniltra jurankdankkal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 15 11:03:05 UTC 2012

Great News Bckurera.
I'll try to attend our next meeting.
I can't wait for the bid. :)

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna <
udinnet at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Basically FUDCons are managed by FPL, there is very little
>> contribution from FAmSCo since it is a premier event like FAD. However
>> I am trying to direct the discussion with regional FAms and FPL, as a
>> result we can be ahead the timeline and get the advantage of planning
>> early. This is to eliminate situation like FUDCon KL 2012 where we had
>> very little time to organize.
>>
>> So I m try to get feedback from regional FAms and direct them to FPL
>> attention so that the process is getting fast. As all can see we have
>> passed the time line as noted in the link [1], someone need to lead
>> the discussion and act as the interface so I am doing it.
>>
>> We must discuss this on 24th Nov meeting (please use the mailing list
>> as well) and fix the timeline so that FPL can initiate the bidding
>> process and etc.
>>
>> For future it is good regional FAmSCo members/ regional leaders keep
>> eye on the schedule and start discussion with and make sure APAC
>> FUDcon is on the schedule. Delays may impact on the quality of the
>> event and it is not good and fair.
>>
>> Thanks for the support.
>>
>> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process
>>

> Hi Folks,
>
> Big +1 for bckurera! ;)
>
> We definitely should plan FUDCon APAC earlier this time. I added an agenda
> item to our next meeting agenda [1].
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:APAC_Ambassadors_2012-11-24#APAC_Events:_plans.2C_status.2C_reports
> --
> - Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -

*Best Regards,*

*PRIMA YOGI LOVINILTRA *(jurankdankkal)
Fedora Project Contributor & Ambassador (Malaysia & Indonesia)
GPG key ID: 4D7DA21A7A961A3A

Twitter/FB/G+: @Loviniltra
*Mobile Phone: (6)016 640 0385*
*Wiki: *http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jurankdankkal