[Ambassadors] [Event's report] JM2L

Charles-Antoine Couret renault at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 20:24:35 UTC 2012

Hello,
The JM2L for « Journée Méditerranéennes du Logiciel Libre » is a event
during 2 days, the 24th and 25th November this year. The location was in
Sophia-Antipolis, in South of France.

For this event, I had a stand with T-shirt, CDs and I accompanied the
install-party for one installation. It was a good occasion to speak with
the local community, contact different users, etc.
Fedora was very appreciated in this area, because a good search center
(INRIA) had Fedora only in production and the population during this
event is very academic (teacher or student). They were aware for the
delay Fedora 18, but they were comprehensive about the reasons of this
delay.
The ambiance is very cool and I have good discussion about Fedora with
different users.

I could distribute 10-20 CDs of Fedora 16, 5-10 stickers and 3 T-shirts
by donation.

I had written report page :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Journ%C3%A9es_M%C3%A9diterran%C3%A9ennes_du_Logiciel_Libre_%28JM2L%29_2012

Regard.