[Ambassadors] Fedora Events Web app

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 17:38:40 UTC 2012

Hi Elad,

Currently I have a kindof half-cooked system on fedora.my site which I
used for local FADs/events and the last FUDCon KL . It was done on
Plone to make use of the existing features and addons.

http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Swag & budget management for ambassadors (instead of trac tickets)
- doesn't have this feature

> Exact time, date, map and any other special arrival instructions
- date/time is available
- map we simply link an image to google maps.
- special arrival instructions can be done using the built-in Page content type

> A free form text field for event information
- theres a body text field for event information. additional
information can be added as a new page using the built-in page
contenttype.

> A list of Fedorian attendees of the event (every Fedorian should be able to
> add himself as an atendee)
- we use a simple anonymous registration form here. theres also OpenID
login support to the whole site itself to allow editing of
registration details or assigning manager/admin role to manage
contents related the event.

> Optional registration (in case the event is organized by the Fedora
> community and not just a random event Fedora has a booth/stand at)
- same as above

> Ability to attach event reports to the event page after the event is over
- Event is a folderish content type. Event reports can be added as
built-in Page contenttype (or we can also use custom ones)

> RSS feeds for events filtered by area
- Plone collection tool allow generation of list of events according
to user-defined criteria ..

> Tags/Categories (so it'll be easy to search events by type and field of
> interest)
- built-in in all plone content type

> Email notifications for events in your area that you can sign up for
- we dont have email notification yet, but Plone have content rules
feature where we can add email notification when certain event is
triggered (eg: object added event)