[Ambassadors] Mentoring process

Gabriele Trombini mailga at fedoraonline.it
Mon Oct 15 14:53:38 UTC 2012

Il giorno lun, 15/10/2012 alle 14.43 +0200, Fabian Affolter ha scritto:

Hello,

[cut]
> In EMEA we are missing mentors. This will be fixed soon. Right now we
> nominated four additional people to become mentors. Those people were
> not selected randomly, they agreed to do the mentoring.

I think this is related to mentoring process.
Until we have few mentors to manage a lot of candidates, we can't fix so
much.

[cut]
>  This means that
> people have to apply for their membership in the FAMA trac instance
> first (perhaps fill out a template or similar) instead of the Fedora
> Account System and the ambassadors groups become an "invite-only"
> group. Then the process starts and at the end they are added to the
> ambassadors group. I think that this will filter out all the people
> how just apply for any random group in FAS. The barrier to become an
> ambassador will not be elevated but people have to show some
> commitment first by filling out the trac ticket.

The meaning is reversing the ambassador process, did I completely
understand?

This is interesting, but, as said, until mentors are few, this is not
the solution.

IMHO if we create a filter in every country where experienced ambassador
(selected by regions) may consider the candidates, with steps like the
ambassador process, the mentor commitment will be easier.

In this case, the mentors have to discuss only with the "filter"
ambassador.

> Fabian
> --

Gabri