[Ambassadors] Mentoring process

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Mon Oct 15 15:57:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 11:47 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Robert Mayr <robyduck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 3) New ambassadors have to do also "other stuff" for the FP;
>
> I've got a problem with this part, or maybe I'm just misinterpreting
> it. What "other stuff" do you propose they do? There are some people
> where Ambassadors would be a great entry point to the project - not
> something that they come do *after* doing something else in the
> project.
>
> Am I missing something here?

You are not missing anything. On my point of view an Ambassador can be
an Ambassador just like that.

How many "ambassadors" by the government you have seen doing anything
else than just "ambassadoring" on their expat-territory where ever they
are assigned. Still it is an important job (we at least hope ;-) )

Same here. If you are a "good and visible Fedora presenter and you like
to talk about it", then you have something to be an Ambassador - For
Fedora.

No other skills (necessarily) needed. Just talk about it and promote
it! ...all the rest is a great plus of course.

--
Jukka