[Ambassadors] Tijuana SFD Event Report

Ruben Guerra Marin rugebiker at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 18 22:03:15 UTC 2012

Hey all,

On september 22th we had the Software Freedom Day celebration in Tijuana,
México. It was organized by the local LUG (Grupo de Usuarios GNU/Linux de
Tijuana <http://www.gultij.org>) which I am a member of and there were like
150 attendants at the event. We gave away many Fedora DVDs and stickers,
and I saw people trying Fedora on the lunch break. Most of them asked me
how was it different from Ubuntu, a few others asked how to install
programs. There were some people (I saw 4) that already had fedora on their
laptops, and like 2 that had it on virtualbox.

There were 6 conferences and the topics were:

   - Intro to Linux, the Free Software and the GULTIJ.
   - The future of mobile development: Android.
   - Projects hosting in Google Code.
   - IPV6.
   - Linux USB Device Drivers.
   - Marshmellow Game Engine: Free/Libre console.
   - The Yocto project.

The event ran from 8:30 am til 4:30 pm. Food and drinks was sponsored for
all the attendants. The event was also transmitted on a local webradio
station. For more details and pictures here is my blog post (in spanish):
http://www.rugebiker.com/software-freedom-day-tijuana-2012/

Thanks to Fedora for all the support! :D

--
Rubén Guerra Marín (biker)
http://www.fedoraproject.org
rugebiker at fedoraproject.org