[Ambassadors] Next FUDCon in APAC - Change of Process?

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 16:36:12 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

We have started the discussion for the next FUDCon in APAC since it is
always good to plan soon.

This year (2012) we had two candidates, they did lot of work and but
finally one country has elected/ selected to host the event. In that
time we were discussing to eliminate the bidding or make it simple.
Since the effort is total waste in some way. Therefore I think if
there is change of process we need to discuss it now and get it fixed
before starting who host next FUDCon.

I think it is good to decide the region itself who will be the next
host if there are candidates more than one. What I propose is as
follow;

We can identified interested countries first, then we can discuss on
the bi-weekly meeting which is the best area to host the event. Yes if
we need more info to decide then we can ask the teams to have them on
a wiki page like who are the organizing team and so on. ....... Then
considering every aspect we can come to a conclusion avoiding all the
hard work and competition. I dont like going for a election and
voting. i think we need to discuss more and pick the best place
because we need to **spread the project with in the region** and that
is the only goal behind. Therefore without voting it is possible to
discuss with team and come to an mutual agreement through mutual
understanding and so that way we can select the next host with no
disappointing.

I cannot guarantee that this method will work 100% but will give a try
and see. But this is how I see, I know you all have more ideas please
do share them, this is just a suggestion to consider.

Thanks for your attention waiting to read more and more . . . .and
waiting to discuss this on the next bi-weekly as well.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)

Email: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | IRC: bckurera | User: Bckurera