[Ambassadors] Don't we want more ambassadors in Fedora ?

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Apr 30 09:23:28 UTC 2013

Ahmed Araby píše v Út 30. 04. 2013 v 02:05 +0200:
> Hello All , I hope you're ok
>
> I've real situation here
>
> More than 4 new people applied to Fedora ambassadors program and
> ignored completely from mentors
>
> I know that we all have our live and our job
>
> But I've event tomorrow and really do not know how to tell people to
> join Ambassadors program ? and this is my third event this year and
> more to come
>
> I realy want to build a local fedora community here in Egypt
>
> I'm working on our swag
> I've printed stickers ( 8K ) and banners (2 ) and will print t shirts
> in a week or two
>
> But people really want to be ambassadors , It means a lot to them
>
> If there's problem in communication I'd like If we've local mentor in
> Egypt , Someone like Diaa[1] , or anyone else to be local ambassador
> for Egypt or Arabic region as a whole If it's about language and
> communication
> Thanks

Hello Ahmed,
we're working on improvements in the mentoring process to avoid such
situations. Please bear with us.
If we have strong demand in Arabic, I think it makes sense to have a
mentor there because it's always better if the mentor is closer to the
candidate. If you come up with a trusted and experienced ambassador from
the region who is willing to be a mentor, I can propose him to FAmSCo.

Jiri