[Ambassadors] Leaving of Fedora Project

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 22:32:19 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 28.08.2013, 23:10 +0100 schrieb Álvaro Castillo:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have taken a decision to leaving of Fedora Project, for differents
> reasons. I save a good stories on bit time, but I don't agree some
> things of this project.

Hi Álvaro,

I am very sorry to see you leave. :( It seems you have already made your
decision, so I am not trying to convince you to stay. If you do not
agree to the goals of Fedora, you will not be a good ambassador, so
trying to convince you doesn't make sense anyway.

However I would like to know more about your reasons to leave. Not to
convince you, not to blame you and not to argue with you. I just want to
not loose a fellow ambassador like you again. You were young, you were
ambitious, but maybe we did not support you the way we should.

I have deepest respect you for your decision. I appreciate you wrote
this mail instead of just leaving silently.  So if you like, you can
share your reasons with us. You can also mail me in private if you think
this is better.

> I am pleased by have met Christoph Wickert because he helped from I
> started as ambassador of this project. And during all time I needed
> him including LinuxCon experience. He is a very good helpmate and I
> hope this project take care!

Thank you, you are welcome. I wish you luck, wherever you go and
whatever you decide to do. Maybe we will meet some day, who knows? ;)

All the best,
Christoph