[Ambassadors] FAD APAC 2013

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:07:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 16:39 +0700, Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:
> Hi Ankur,
>
> I am not sure you really understood my ideas here.
> The main goal of this FAD (in my mind) is to make APAC Ambassadors
> Annual
> Plan for FY2014 like similar successful event(s) organized in EMEA
> recent
> years [1].

Yes. Looks like I'm on a different page entirely. With all due respect,
there's quite a huge margin between the funds required to hold a FAD in
EMEA, and a FAD in APAC. I'm not certain, but I think the travel funding
required for folks in EMEA would be a lot less than the funds APAC would
require, since each of us will take international flights to and fro the
venue.

> I do not against other things you mentioned in your last message. But
> think other goals should be solved in another separated FAD.
> They would be fine to solve in this FAD, but it's more difficult to
> organize a FAD with more different goals.

I would prefer a FAD that's gets some development work done. I think the
ambassadorial process is clear enough already: from event planning to
reimbursements. Any issues that crop up can be handled satisfactorily
over the IRC or mailing list.

I'm not in favour of an Ambassadorial FAD. Sorry :/
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!