[Ambassadors] Fedora 18 delayed yet again

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jan 4 23:20:34 UTC 2013

Soliard,

----- Original Message -----
> I recently found this link in twitter...
>
> http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/fedora-18-delayed-yet-again
>
> Why people say bullshit?

It has been delayed.  Look on any site that has the Fedora 18 banner graphic.  On Thursday it changed from 5 days to 12 days.

The telltale sign is the fact that the most recent build is TC4 and they haven't even had an RC build yet.  TC4 came out yesterday and the go/no-go meeting was yesterday... so could you have predicted the outcome?

I'd not be surprised if it was pushed back another week or even several.  If they haven't had an RC build yet... how can it be released 11 days from now?  I did noticed that the "this is a pre-release version" message got removed in TC4 so in theory that could be a suitable substitute for an RC (Release Candidate)... so maybe 11 days is reasonable.

Please note that I *AM NOT* badmouthing anyone.  I don't care how long it takes... I'd prefer it to be without blocker bugs rather than being released before it is done.

I've been happily using the pre-release builds of Fedora 18 and using it on a number of machines.  It seems just as stable or more so than Fedora 17 (which I'm very happy with).  The blocker bugs didn't really affect me.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street